Hamilton Lane is one of the largest allocators of capital, within the private markets globally. They are currently looking to expand their team to satisfy the needs of the growing client base. Hamilton Lane is built on collaboration, teamwork and integrity. The firm invests in its employees, clients and partner relationships, as well as, in the technology and resources necessary to remain competitive, working in a competitive environment that inspires innovation.
The Hamilton Lane Analyst Development Program is a professional development program which begins with intensive training at its Philadelphia headquarters. Analysts work across all of the investment teams (Fund Investments, Secondary Investments, Direct Investments, Real Assets and Direct Credit) in a role that progressively grows in responsibility and accountability over the three-year period.
Analyst roles are challenging. They are held to high standards and evaluated and coached regularly. Once they’ve successfully completed the initial three-year assignment participants may:
- Be offered the opportunity to stay at Hamilton Lane on an Associate track;
- Continue their education;
- Use the professional network and relationships created during the program to transition their career to another firm within the asset class.
Successful candidates are interested in institutional asset management, they have demonstrated excellence in their studies, activities and internships; they are intellectually curious, analytical, progressive, creative thinkers; they are energised by working in a team-based environment, and they are exceptional communicators.
The Opportunity in London
As a first-year Investment Analyst, you will begin to develop the needed skills to assess private equity fund investment, direct investment, and secondary investment opportunities. You will receive exposure to private equity asset managers, called General Partners, by analysing their private placement materials, participating in in-house meetings and site visits to their offices.
Second-year Investment Analysts continue to build on the investment acumen, skills and exposure attained in their first year by moving into a more technical role on their deal teams. This includes utilising modelling, analytical tools and skills developed during their first year and through additional training at the start of their second year. By their second year, Investment Analysts are responsible for presenting their work to investment teams.
In their third year, Investment Analysts have developed their competencies, professionalism and investment acumen to the point where they are prepared to take on a more senior role on deal teams. While still producing individual work, they are expected to provide more insight into investment recommendations and direct and monitor the work of others. They may take on additional client-facing responsibilities and receive client relationship management training in order to be effective communicators on behalf of Hamilton Lane. Third-year analysts are involved with recruiting and selection of first-year analysts. They are called on to participate in company-wide initiatives.
To be considered for Hamilton Lane’s Analyst Development Program, you need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Academic performance: Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree from a good university.
- Subjects: They are interested in applicants who have demonstrated excellence in their chosen subject, have the strong analytical talent and are keenly interested in investments. They will consider all studies with an element of logical reasoning and the numerical ability for the program.
- Language: Fluent in English.
They are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated:
- On-Campus Leadership: in clubs, sports, community service, etc.
- Success in Professional Level Internships: with references to illustrate that success
- Language Skills: additional spoken and written languages.
- The ability to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Learn more about the Hamilton Lane Analyst Development program by visiting: kclbc.com/hamiltonlaneinfo