King’s Business Club (KBC) is looking for a Branding and Design Officer. This is a great opportunity for students to not only hone their graphic design skills, but to meet new student peers and professionals from a variety of backgrounds. What makes KBC stand out is its long and successful track record of serving as the main gateway for students to delve into the world of business and finance at King’s College London. As a society that operates under the ethos of educating, inspiring and connecting students, KBC is the perfect place for you to expand your horizons – whether it be in the academic, professional or social spheres. Being a member of KBC’s committee also means that you can contribute to the wider King’s community by expanding our reach and support to students of all backgrounds.
As a Branding and Design Officer, you will be delegated the following responsibilities:
- Developing and executing aims and strategies for KBC’s branding and design over the coming year.
- Familiarising yourself with our Branding & Style Guideline to the end of producing engaging visual content for KBC.
- Eventually hiring and managing your own Branding and Design Associates to ensure a smooth transition into the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Working with the rest of the Marketing Department to fulfill ancillary and additional responsibilities as required by the position.
- Participating in relevant Executive Committee meetings and general decision making.
The reasons for why you should apply include, but are not limited to:
- Be a part of our history and make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s.
- We have an established collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world.
- We ensure that our committee is not simply about work, but also about building a family.
- Access to 12 years of esteemed committee alumni from a variety of sectors.
- A fantastic opportunity to hone your graphic design, leadership and communication skills and to add to your portfolio for future applications.
Requirements for the position:
- Extensive and proven experience in graphic design software (such as Adobe Suite programs) to create visual content.
- Collaborative and receptive communication, particularly during the design process.
- An independent, innovative and creative designer with a good sense of visual appeal and dimensions.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, and quick turnover for tasks.
- Existing access to Adobe Suite design programs
The application process:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Simply complete the form below to submit your application, note that only students at KCL may access the application form. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The deadline for applications is strictly set for 12:00AM British Summer Time (BST) on the 20th of July 2020.
It is recommended that the form be viewed on desktop to ensure optimal performance.