Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
We are currently looking to hire Branding & Design Associates, with the following key responsibilities:
- Liaising with Marketing Department Executives (the Head of Marketing and the Branding & Design Officer) to keep track of, and to complete design deadlines.
- Liaising with members of your respective specialised field’s department (e.g. Human Resources) to help produce unique content for that department.
- Familiarising yourself with our Branding & Style Guideline so as to produce visual material consistent with King’s Business Club’s aesthetic.
- Working together with the rest of the Marketing Department to fulfil ancillary and additional responsibilities as required by the position.
Essential skills for this position
- Experience with graphic design software (e.g. Adobe Suite) to create quality visual content. We will actively teach you, and refine your design skills to meet our output requirements.
- Collaborative and receptive communication, particularly during the design process. Compromise is necessary to arrive at a design agreeable to all.
- A good sense of visual appeal and dimensions. Consistency and quality is essential in producing professional content frequently for the Society.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, and quick turnover for tasks. This position will require flexibility and the ability to regularly create content efficiently.
The reason why you should apply to us
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
The application process will be comprised of two stages
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible here: kclbc.com/designasc2020
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
If your stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage2.
Stage 2: Send us a Powerpoint Pitch Deck on who you are, your previous design experience, why you chose your field of interests, and why you think you are an ideal candidate for this position. We will then invite you to an online interview.
The deadline for application is 30th September 2020. You will be notified shortly after one of the status of your application.
Please note that if you are an incoming first-year KCL student without a KCL email, firstname.lastname@example.org you can write to with your CV and cover letter attached
It is recommended that the form be viewed on the desktop to ensure optimal performance.