Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
The Consulting Department is of integral importance to the entirety of King’s Business Club, acting as a bridge which connects students, committee members and the external speakers.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business culture at KCL as a member of one of the university’s oldest and largest societies.
2. Tapping into exclusive employment and training opportunities with a list of the world’s largest consulting firms.
3. Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
4. Benefit from various personal development opportunities, mentorship and guidance;
5. Potential development pathway within the Consulting Department and to Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Propose, plan and execute various innovative consulting events and projects.
2. Expand the consulting department’s network of partners, alumni and industry professionals.
3. Acquire sponsorships from consulting firms by sending out and presenting pitch decks.
4. Work on KBC’s first Consulting Case Book.
5. Contribute to the success of our inaugural Consulting Week and Consulting x Finance KBC Conference.
6. Attend events and regular, on-campus meetings run by the department to collaborate and execute responsibilities.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Extremely good communication and people skills – you will be interacting several external organisations and individuals on behalf of KBC.
2. Dedicated and passionate – you will be asked to dedicate a substantial amount of time to the success of the department and will be expected to attend regular meetings and events.
3. Strong understanding of the Consulting industry, its current landscape, and key firms/companies.
4. Organised and resourceful – you will be expected to assist with the logistics and planning of many events at the same time; finding speakers, booking venues, preparing decks, etc.
5. Avid interest and passion for the King’s Business Club and the Consulting industry
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression:
Stage 1: Completing our application from which is accessible at the end of this post.
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and answer the questions enclosed in the application form.
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: An interview.
The deadline for the application is 11th September, 2022
You will be notified shortly after this date on the status of your application.