Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
Please note there will be the opportunity for growth; to apply for Head of Finance in the upcoming year, should you successfully secure the role of Deputy Head of Finance.
Reasons why you should apply to us:
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
We are currently looking to hire a Deputy Head of Finance, with the following key responsibilities:
- Liaising with and supporting the Co-Heads of Finance.
- Aid build committed membership through increased external communication and network base.
- Working with the rest of the Finance Department to fulfil ancillary and additional responsibilities as required by the position.
- Developing and executing aims and strategies for the coming academic year.
- Help organise finance events, execute annual events and projects.
- Helping to build a new portfolio of partners for the Finance Department.
Essential skills for this position:
- Strong leadership skills with a collaborative work style.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinker.
- Strong vision and motivation for the Society.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application from which is accessible here: https://kclbc.com/depfin2021
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
If your stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage2.
Stage 2: Submission of a Pitch Deck on your vision for the Finance Department, followed by a presentation style interview.
The deadline for the application is 22nd January 2021.
You will be notified shortly after this date on the status of your application.
It is recommended that the form be viewed on the desktop to ensure optimal performance.