King’s Business Review is an online magazine that is initiated by the King’s Business Club’s Publication Department. It is a platform that aims to harbour the creative and academic insights of students into a single digital hub. Our main goal with KBR is to de-mystify and encourage conversations of Business and Finance which can be intimidating to many.
Through the articles and op-eds as part of the KBR initiative, readers will be able to access content which emphasises the importance of these two fields and their presence in the everyday world. KBR is where business meets the rest of the world. As such, we are currently looking for a Deputy Editor to aid us in the expansion of our publication.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Participating in all activities taken upon by the Editor-in-Chief and aiding them according according to your capacity.
- Ensuring the smooth management of the Category Editors and their respective Contributors.
- Editing and writing articles for the King’s Business Review along with running the overall operations of the publication.
- Liaising with King’s Business Club to orgnaise events, collaborations and other activities.
- Fulfilling the responsibilities of being a member of the Executive Committee through attending meetings and completing other tasks as required.
Reasons why you should apply to us:
- Be a part of an all rounded publication from its inception and be a part of KBC’s history and make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s.
- Publish work on an established platform run by a prestigious society, be a part of KBC’s legacy.
- Ensure that our committee is not simply about work, but also about building a family.
- Opportunity to add to your CV and to hone your writing and editing skills.
- Opportunity for student contributors to tap into their interests in other fields outside of their respective degrees.
- Access to 12 years of esteemed alumni from a variety of sectors.
Skills & Attributes:
- Prior experience in writing or editing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking.
- Strong vision and motivation for the Society and publication.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Simply complete the form below to submit your application, note that only students at KCL may access the application form. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The deadline for applications is strictly set for 12:00AM British Summer Time (BST) on the 25th of August 2020.
It is recommended that the form be viewed on desktop to ensure optimal performance.