Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
We are currently looking for a Deputy Head of Consulting, with the following key responsibilities:
- Developing and executing aims and strategies for the coming academic year.
- Engaging in the summer transition period to secure the foundations for your term in office as the Head of Consulting.
- Organising the first semester of consulting events and executing our annual events including the Consulting Department’s international case competitions.
- Helping to build a portfolio of sponsors for the Consulting Department.
- Helping build a new team of Consulting Associates to help you develop your vision of the Consulting Department.
Essential skills for this position:
- Strong leadership and management skills with a collaborative working style.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking.
- Strong vision and motivation for both the Consulting Department and the Society as a whole.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
- Having a basic understanding of the Consulting industry.
Reasons why you should apply:
- Be a part of our history and make a mark on the business and consulting culture at King’s.
- We have an established collaboration list with some of the largest consulting firms in the world.
- We ensure that our committee is not simply about work, but also about building a family.
- Access to 12 years of esteemed committee alumni from a variety of sectors.
- We have the resources and mindset to make your vision and projects a reality, so that you may lay the foundations of your own career and legacy.
The application process will be comprised of two main stages:
- The submission of a 300-word cover letter and a curriculum vitae
- Submission of a PowerPoint presentation on your vision for the department and an online presentation-style interview.
This is the process that all our Heads of Departments shall partake in within a one-month period. The deadline for applications is strictly set for 11:59PM British Summer Time (BST) on the 31st of August 2020.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the following form, note that only students at KCL may access the application form. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is recommended that the form be viewed on desktop to ensure optimal performance.