Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
As the Deputy Head of Consulting, you will be playing an integral role within the Consulting Department and across King’s Business Club as a whole.
Please note there will be the opportunity for growth; to apply for Head of Consulting in the upcoming year, should you successfully secure the role of Deputy Head of Consulting.
Reasons why you should apply to us:
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
- Developing and executing aims and strategies for the coming academic year.
- Engaging in the summer transition period to secure the foundations for your term in office as the Head of Consulting.
- Organising the first semester of consulting events and executing our annual events including the Consulting Department’s international case competitions.
- Helping to build a portfolio of sponsors for the Consulting Department.
- Helping build a new team of Consulting Associates to help you develop your vision of the Consulting Department.
Essential skills & Attributes:
- Strong leadership and management skills with a collaborative working style.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking.
- Strong vision and motivation for both the Consulting Department and the Society as a whole.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
- Having a basic understanding of the Consulting industry.
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible at the end of this post.
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: Submission of a Pitch Deck on your vision for the Consulting Department, followed by a presentation style interview.
The deadline for the application is the 2nd August 2021
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.
Please note that if you are an incoming first-year KCL student without a KCL email, email@example.com can write to with your CV and cover letter attached