Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
Please note there will be the opportunity for growth; to apply for Head of Human Resources in the upcoming year, should you successfully secure the role of Deputy Head of Human Resources.
We are currently looking to hire a Deputy Head of Human Resources, with the following key responsibilities:
- Developing and executing aims and strategies for the HR Department for the coming academic year.
- Managing the Human Resources and operations of the society, e.g. leading the recruitment process for our Departments, optimising committee member and departmental productivity.
- Organising HR-oriented events and activities and establishing a portfolio of sponsors for the HR Department.
- Organising an Annual Awards Ceremony to celebrate the achievements, time and dedication of all the committee members.
- Organising a Teams Day per semester for the internal committee; an opportunity to develop their skill sets as well as a networking opportunity.
Essential skills for this position:
- Strong leadership and management skills with a collaborative working style.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking.
- Strong vision and motivation for both the HR Department and the Society as a whole.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
- Genuine interest in business and human resources.
Reasons why you should apply to us:
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
The application process will be comprised of two stages
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible here: https://kclbc.com/dephr2021
Please read the form carefully, and submit your curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
If your stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage2.
Stage 2: Submission of a Pitch Deck on your vision for the Human Resources Department, followed by a presentation style interview.
The deadline for application is 24th of March 2020. You will be notified shortly after one of the status of your application.
Please note that if you are an incoming first-year KCL student without a KCL email, firstname.lastname@example.org you can write to with your CV and cover letter attached
It is recommended that the form be viewed on the desktop to ensure optimal performance.