Through the articles and op-eds as part of the KBR initiative, readers will be able to access content which emphasises the importance of these two fields and their presence in the everyday world. KBR is where business meets the rest of the world. As such, we are currently looking for a Deputy Editor to aid us in the expansion of our publication.
Please note there will be the opportunity for growth; to apply for Head of Publications in the upcoming year, should you successfully secure the role of Deputy Head of Publications.
Reasons why you should apply to us:
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
We are currently looking to hire a Deputy Head of Publications, with the following key responsibilities:
- Participating in all activities taken upon by the Editor-in-Chief and aiding them according to your capacity.
- Ensuring the smooth management of the Category Editors and their respective Contributors.
- Editing and writing articles for the King’s Business Review along with running the overall operations of the publication.
- Liaising with King’s Business Club to organise events, collaborations and other activities.
Essential skills for this position:
- Prior experience in writing or editing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking.
- Strong vision and motivation for the Society and publication.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression.
Stage 1: Completing our application from which is accessible here: https://kclbc.com/deppub2021
Please read the form carefully, and submit your curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
If your stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage2.
Stage 2: An interview.
The deadline for the application is 1st February 2021.
You will be notified shortly after this date on the status of your application.
It is recommended that the form be viewed on the desktop to ensure optimal performance.