Through the articles and op-eds as part of the KBR initiative, readers will be able to access content that emphasises the importance of these two fields and their presence in the everyday world. KBR is where business meets the rest of the world. As such, we are currently looking for a Deputy Editor to aid us in the expansion of our publication.
Please note there will be the opportunity for growth; to apply for Head of Publications in the upcoming year, should you successfully secure the role of Deputy Head of Publications.
What we can offer you:
- Become a part of an all-rounded publication, KBC’s history and make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s
- Opportunity to add to your CV and hone your content marketing and social media management skills
- Personal growth and skills development through mentorship and guidance
- Potential development pathway to Executive Committee positions within KBC
- Build strong relationships with like-minded committee members
- Access to an exclusive LinkedIn network, comprised of 13 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world
- Participating in all activities taken upon by the Editor-in-Chief and aiding them according to your capacity
- Ensuring the smooth management of the Category Editors and their respective Contributors and Marketing Officers
- Editing and writing articles as well as creating further content for the King’s Business Review along with running the overall operations of the publication
- Liaising with King’s Business Club to organise events, collaborations and other activities
Essential skills for this position:
- Prior experience in writing or editing
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking
- Strong vision and motivation for the Society and Publication
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression.
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible at the end of this page.
Please read the form carefully, submit your curriculum vitae, and answer the questions in the application form.
If your stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage2.
Stage 2: A pitch deck style interview.
The deadline for the application is 26th April 2022.
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.