Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
What we can offer you
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – as a committee member of the largest business society in the UK.
- Tap into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network, comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathways into the high Executive Committee positions within KBC, and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
- Develop and execute the aims and strategies for the ESG department for the next academic year
- Building and coordinating a team of ESG associates to fulfil your aims and vision
- Coordinating the execution of research reports and articles for publication
- Collaborating with external companies, NGOs, charities, and research firms
- Organising ESG events and liaising with the speakers to ensure the success of the event
- Researching charities and organising fundraising events to make a social impact (e.g. charities for women empowerment or working to reduce CO2 emissions)
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Strong team-working skills with a collaborative work style.
- Working knowledge about ESG and ESG trends in the private and public sectors.
- Background in research and writing is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing style.
- Self-driven and innovative thinkers.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible at the end of this post.
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
We will send you a confirmation email if your stage 1 application is successful. You should then prepare for Stage2.
Stage 2: Submission of a Pitch Deck on your vision for the ESG Department, followed by a presentation-style interview.
The deadline for the application is 5th July 2022. You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application