Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are therefore honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
We are currently looking for a Head of Human Resources, with the following key responsibilities:
- Developing and executing aims and strategies for the HR Department for the coming academic year.
- Engaging in the August-to-September transition period to secure the renewal of your tenure in September, i.e. you will initially be in a probation period.
- Managing the human resources and operations of the Society, e.g. leading the hiring process for our Departments, optimising committee member productivity.
- Organising HR-oriented events and activities and establishing a portfolio of sponsors for the HR Department.
- Building a new team of HR Associates to help you develop your vision of the HR Department.
Essential skills for this position:
- Strong leadership and management skills with a collaborative working style.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Independent, innovative and fresh thinking.
- Strong vision and motivatino for both the HR Department and the Society as a whole.
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability and quick turnover for tasks.
- Genuine interest in business and human resources.
Reasons why you should apply to us:
- Be a part of our history and make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s.
- We have an established collaboration list with some of the largest finance firms in the world.
- We ensure that our committee is not simply work, but a family.
- Access to 12 years of enterprise, finance and consulting committee alumni.
- We have the resources and mindset to make your visions and your projects a reality, so that you may lay the foundations of your own career and legacy.
The application process will be comprised of two main stages:
- The submission of a 300-word cover letter and a curriculum vitae
- Submission of a PowerPoint presentation on your vision for the department and an online presentation-style interview.
This is the process that all our Heads of Departments shall partake in within a one-month period. The deadline for applications is strictly set for 12:00AM British Summer Time (BST) on the 15th of August 2020.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the following form, note that only students at KCL may access the application form. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
It is recommended that the form be viewed on desktop to ensure optimal performance.