King’s Business Club is establishing its brand-new Law Department and is looking for a new Head of Law.
As the Head of Law, you will work to establish the Law Department, thereby playing an integral role within King’s Business Club and its Executive Committee.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 13 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
- Liaising with the President and Vice President to lay the foundation for the development of our new Law Department.
- Establishing and executing strategies for the Law Department.
- Managing the legal framework of the organization and providing legal advice to the President/Vice-President.
- Leading all constitutional amendments and drafting legal documents/ MOUs.
- Building and working efficiently with a team of legal associates to develop your vision of the department.
- Working along with the Deputy Head of Law to contribute to the organization of the events and workshops for the Law Department.
- Directing pro-bono law projects and working closely with other pro-bono branches of KBC such as King’s Consulting.
- Developing relationships and establishing partnerships with law firms to provide the best opportunities for students.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Background or higher study in law
- Strong communication skills
- Innovative and strongly motivated for the Society
- Enhanced team working skills
- General understanding of legal frameworks
- Avid interest and passion for law
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible at the end of this post.
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: Submission of a Pitch Deck on your vision for the Law Department, followed by a presentation style interview.
The deadline for the application is the 6th of August 2021
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.