Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are, therefore, honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
As the Head of Technology, you will work to establish the Technology Department, thereby playing an integral role within King’s Business Club.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
- Laying the foundation for the development of our new Technology Department with the President and Vice President.
- Establishing and executing strategies for the Technology Department.
- Building and working efficiently with a team of Technology associates to develop your vision of the department.
- Management of the KBC websites and development of a KBC mobile app.
- Working along with the Deputy Head of Technology to contribute to the organization of the events and workshops for the Technology Department.
- Communicating effectively with other executives to ensure smooth turnover of events.
- Developing relationships and establishing partnerships with tech companies to provide the best opportunities for students.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience in programming, UX designing and web/ app development.
- Enhanced team working skills
- General understanding of the Technology sector
- Avid interest and passion for the Technology sectors
Slide 4: Application Process
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible here: https://kclbc.com/head-tech2021
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: Submission of a Pitch Deck on your vision for the Technology Department, followed by a presentation style interview.
The deadline for the application is the 16th of June 2021
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.