King’s Capital, King’s College London’s oldest student-led investment fund, are recruiting analysts this year. Our primary goal is to educate students in financial analysis, investment management, and stock pitching, providing practical real-world experience that is lacking in our education today. Our most capable analysts will also be given the opportunity to undertake potential internships with our partner firms in investment management. King’s Capital aims to foster shared learning experiences amongst students who share an interest in asset management.
As a King’s Capital Analyst, you will be an integral part of the King’s Business Club – King’s Capital Project.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Extensive equity research training with our esteemed advisors from Barclays and J.P. Morgan,
- Gaining invaluable knowledge, from stock picking to creating a three statement financial model, along with DCF valuation modelling and equity pitching.
- Relevant experience for a career in investment banking/asset management.
- Proficiency in the use of analytical tools (E.g. Bloomberg Terminal/Excel/Powerpoint).
- An opportunity to collaborate with like-minded analysts interested in the financial markets.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Work with the Investment Committee to provide extensive financial analysis and recommendations on whether to buy, hold, or sell an equity investment.
- Work both individually and collaboratively with other analysts to assist the Investment Committee in determining which stocks to invest in within specified sectors.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of financial markets, the economy, and society, identify risks and opportunities, and works in the best interests of King’s Capital’s external stakeholders.
- Develop stock and sector-level investment thesis
- Create and produce written research to advocate investment views
- Marketing those views to internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Key interest in the financial markets
- Strong numerical and analytical abilities
- Some proficiency in fundamental and technical investment analysis
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability for tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and meet quick deadlines
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible here:
Please read the form carefully, submit your curriculum vitae, and answer the questions outlined in the application form.
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: An interview.
The deadline for the application is 9th February 2022.
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.