King’s Capital, King’s College London’s oldest student-led investment fund, are recruiting analysts this year. Successful applicants will automatically be enrolled in our new internship opportunities programme, in which our most capable analysts will be given the opportunity to undertake internships in investment management. King’s Capital aims to foster shared learning experiences amongst students who share an interest in Investment Management.
As a King’s Capital Analyst, you will be an integral part of the King’s Business Club – King’s Capital Project.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Extensive equity research training with our esteemed advisors, from stock picking to DCF valuation modelling.
- Relevant experience for a career in investment banking/asset management
- Proficiency in the use of analytical tools (E.g. Bloomberg Terminal/Excel)
- An opportunity to collaborate with like-minded analysts interested in the financial markets.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Work with the Investment Committee to provide extensive financial analysis and recommendations on whether to buy, hold, or sell an equity investment.
- Work both individually and collaboratively to assist the Investment Committee in determining which stocks to invest in within specified sectors.
- Develop stock and sector-level investment thesis
- Create and produce written research to advocate investment views
- Marketing those views to internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Key interest in the financial markets
- Strong numerical and analytical abilities
- Some proficiency in fundamental and technical investment analysis
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability for tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and meet quick deadlines
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression.
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible at the end of this post.
Please read the form carefully, and submit your curriculum vitae, and the answers to the questions outlined in the application form.
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: An interview.
The deadline for the application is 8th October 2021.
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.