Through many years, King’s Business Club (KBC) has maintained its reputation as the premier student business and finance society both at King’s College London and throughout the United Kingdom. KBC has helped students from various backgrounds and faculties to come together and gain knowledge about the most recent developments in a variety of industries and businesses. We are, therefore, honoured to present a fresh new opportunity for you to create value for everyone at King’s!
KBC is looking for Law Associates for the Law Department.
As a Law Associate, you will have the opportunity to work as an integral part of the Law Department.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity for you to make a mark on the business and finance culture at King’s College London – especially as a committee member of one of the university’s oldest societies.
- Tapping into our vast collaboration list with some of the largest firms in the world and exclusive committee member employment & training opportunities.
- Access to our exclusive LinkedIn network which is comprised of 12 years of esteemed and diverse KBC alumni from all major sectors of the business and finance world.
- Potential development pathway to high Executive Committee positions within KBC and the opportunity to build strong relationships with liked-minded committee members.
- Personal growth and skills development through our mentorship and guidance.
- Liaising with the Head and Deputy Head of Law to lay the foundation for the development.
- Assisting in the management of the legal framework of the organization and providing legal advice to the Leadership team.
- Assisting the Head of Law in the drafting process of legal documents and MOUs.
- Collaborating with and working efficiently in a team of legal associates to develop your vision of the department.
- Directing pro-bono law projects and working closely with other pro-bono branches of KBC such as King’s Consulting.
- Developing relationships and establishing partnerships with law firms to provide the best opportunities for students.
- Liaising with legal professionals and institutions to expand the corporate relations reach of the department as well as chairing/managing events and competitions.
- Suggesting and materializing new events and workshops for the Law department.
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Strong organizational and management skills with a propensity to thrive while working in a team.
- Avid interest and passion for law or a potential career in the legal field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and demonstrating a strong motivation for joining the Society.
The application process will be comprised of two distinct stages of progression
Stage 1: Completing our application form which is accessible here:
Please read the form carefully, and submit your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the task as outlined in the application form.
If your Stage 1 application is successful, we will send you a confirmation email. You should then prepare for Stage 2.
Stage 2: An interview.
The deadline for the application is 12th October 2021.
You will be notified shortly after this date of the status of your application.