KCLBC is proud to announce the 2014 European Insight Trip to Berlin supported by the British Government.
Applications are now OPEN. The application deadline is Sunday 19th January.
During reading week from 17th-20th February, King’s College London students and KCLBC members will have an opportunity to gain a valuable and exclusive insight into the corporate and business world in this global hub.
KCLBC will have access to some of the most exciting businesses and corporate leaders in Berlin providing an invaluable networking opportunity and a chance to learn from success stories from interesting new start-ups to huge corporates such as BMW.
Situated in the heart of Europe, just an hour by air from the UK, Germany is the UK’s number one European export market and number two worldwide, with annual sales of more than €2 trillion in goods and services.
As part of the trip, selected participants will have the opportunity to network with inspiring entrepreneurs and the captains of industry through exclusive dinners, office tours and Q&A sessions, as well as drinks receptions. Not only will this trip open up the possibility of a future career in this worldwide hub but also promises to be a fun, enjoyable and sociable overseas experience.
The cost of the trip is £199 and includes:
• Full jam-packed schedule of visits to companies and its leaders – more to be announced soon
• Twin room accommodation for the duration of 3 nights at a boutique hotel
• Transportation in Berlin between engagements
• Breakfast (Tuesday – Thursday)
• An exclusive social
• Closing dinner
This insight trip will be supported by UK Trade & Investment who are helping to ensure we visit the best and most exciting businesses in Berlin. We have been kindly offered a tour of the British Embassy and full consular support while we will be in Germany.This means we will meet leading figures at many huge corporates and various interesting start-ups so it is an opportunity worth taking up as it will provide a fantastic opportunity to establish international links in enterprise and the corporate world in such a competitive jobs market while learning so much and having lots of fun too with fellow students.
Confirmed visits include (with many more to be announced very soon):
• BMW – Experience the fascination of a highly modern vehicle where man and machine build two-wheeled dreams with an exclusive tour by executives providing us a fascinating tour of the production process
• Deutsche Bank – Gain exclusive access to one of the world’s leading financial service providers with an office tour as well as Q&A sessions with leading figures at the bank
• British Embassy, Berlin – Supported by UKTI, our trip will sure to be a success and we will receive a welcome tour of the British Embassy in Berlin which is a world-class architectural delight. We will be hearing from diplomats and staffers from the UK Government’s UK Trade & Investment department on the trade relationship between the UK and Germany and more about the corporate world in Berlin
• Siemens – an extensive visit to Europe’s largest engineering company with global revenues of over €75bn at its Berlin headquarters with a guided tour to learn about how this company works, its innovative ideas and graduate programmes in the UK and Germany
• Axel Springer – Learn from the inspirational story of how one of Europe’s largest media companies started off in a garage and now is one of the most innovative digital companies in the world
• More companies to be announced very shortly which are to include more large corporates, as well as start-ups.
There will be a selection process as spaces are limited. In order to apply, please submit your CV and provide a 200 word response to the question: “Why would you like to be part of KCLBC’s 2014 European Insight Trip?” and please email to email@example.com, no later than 19th JANUARY. Proficiency in the German language is not mandatory at all but may be helpful.
For more information, please visit http://www.kclbc.com/berlin.php. KCLBC is a not-for-profit organisation.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com